Item not received

Cherrytree1
Contributor
Contributor

Hiya

I ordered items from an ebay seller and after a week asked why I hadnt received them and was told they were not in stock but would be sent the beginning of the next week.  I waited a further week and nothing arrived so I opened a dispute through Paypal.  A week later Paypal have asked for security info on my account ....ie passport, driving licence info , non of which I have!!  Can any kind person advise on how I do this for Paypal as I don't understand why I have to verify myself when I've done nothing wrong? I haven't received what I paid for yet I feel the seller is going to get away with it because I can't provide what Paypal are asking!! Many thanks 🐵

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Cherrytree1,

Thanks for posting about this issue.

Unless you reported that the payment you made was unauthorised, it is unlikely that the information we are asking you for is in relation to the claim you opened. A limitation is nothing to worry about. Most are placed to make sure that your account is safe or just to check some information with you.

If you don't have a photo ID we can accept a birth certificate accompanied by a government issued letter or a bank statement. Any information we ask for can be securely supplied through the Resolution Centre on your account.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.