Italian Buyer Wants Me to Send to Non PayPal UK Address

mikeharb83
New Community Member

I recently sold something on eBay to a guy whose eBay account is based in Italy. The address registered to the account is Italian. However, after they bought the item they requested that it instead be sent to a completely unrelated UK address to an individual with a different name to theirs.

Apparently he's added the new UK address to his PayPal account but it didn't show when I tried to resend the invoice, nor is it showing when I try to print out a postage label. They said that when they tried to pay no UK postage option came up (even though I provide 2nd, 1st and special delivery options) so could only pay with the Italian address.

They've been on eBay for 4 years and have a feedback rating of 9.

I'm very reluctant to post it out to the non PayPal address for obvious reasons. eBay told me to get in touch with PayPal for them to get back to me with whether the other address is legit but I've heard nothing yet.

what would you do in this situation?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Personally i would not go ahead especially if it was a pricy item.

You lose seller protection if you don't send to the paypal registered addy of the buyer.

AND Italys postal system is abysmal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.