Is this type of email real?

nateegaming
New Community Member

At this point,you have to refund the buyer his money we think we have tried enough to make things done in a proper way, note that the transaction cannot be cancelled, and you will have to send the item to the address provided to you or else you face the panel of our legal action.it is our rule you have to get the item send and get back to us with the shipping tracking number before we can get you account credited. Now get it done within 48 hour or we set confidence against you! NOTE: Failure to respond to this e-mail means your Name and Address will be forward to the law enforcement Agency, which may result to an Arrest, because you are practising Scam, and your Account with PayPal will be BLOCKED, Below are the pictures of seller's who refuse to refund caught Last week Ago on eBay. In order to free yourself from this, send the money as instructed right away within 24 hours and send the information on how the money is been sent to PayPal for Verification. If you have any comment on this issue do not hesitate to contact us. Although we check our e-mail frequently, we do not consider it to be an alternative to telephonic contact in emergency situations. Feel free to contact us directly to this mail . (((There are images inserted here))) Sincerely, PayPal Email ID PP94 We will like you to co-operate with us. Thank you for using PayPal® PayPal SECURITY TEAM.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nateegaming

Yes its a scam, the punctuation and spelling give it away apart from the actual content.    Smiley Wink

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to refund or pay a shipping courier via western union or moneygram if that is what they are asking you to do.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello nateegaming, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK community 🙂

I have fully reviewed the details that you shared and as mentioned by @kernowlass this does not sound like a genuine PayPal communication. You can always double check our tips about genuine PayPal emails via this link http://ow.ly/zlxk3012cyL

Hope this helps, 

Carlos 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.