Is this a paypal email? "service@intl-transferalerts.com"

Andersworre
Contributor
Contributor

Im about selling an item but it all seems a bit suspicious

is this mail service@intl-transferalerts.com - a real paypal mail or is it scam? 

Anders

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How can you be sure it's fraud? 

Are the funds showing in your PayPal account balance? 

PayPal never tell you to send an item until they are. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't think so. 

Are they asking to send an item to Nigeria or pay a shipping agent. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andersworre
Contributor
Contributor

No - They are asking to send the tracking number of my shipment to verify the payment. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scam read this >>>

THIS IS A SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andersworre
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is that I have already sent it because I saw the mail "Receipt of your paypal payment from jensenclaesstigatsigngmail.com and it looked completely identical with other paypal payments - I have had a 40-mail-correspondance with him after

He even send me a copy of his passport which matches the email adress - I have found him on facebook and we are planning to call each other 9pm tonight.

How can one be 100 per cent sure it is fraud?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How can you be sure it's fraud? 

Are the funds showing in your PayPal account balance? 

PayPal never tell you to send an item until they are. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Andersworre
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anything I can do now!? It's been sent this afternoon from Denmark to Belgium.. 

Login to Me Too

fayvoo
New Community Member

Yes, I do received an email from paypal@intl-transferalerts.com said : This e-mail confirms that you have received an Instant payment of xx,xxx from Mr Bobby Dean David via PayPal MERCHANDISE Service.

Later soon will received IMPORTANT Information To Complete The Transaction - Transaction ID:5KD849375694INT. They want me to proceed the money throught Western Union Money Transfer to the confirmed address. The total funds will be credited into my account immediately after the western union money transfer is sent to them verifacation. They assured me that this is a 100% secure and legitimate.

After they reliased that I will not doing transfer for the money, they send me a Legal Action Western Union Transfer Receipt Required. Regarding my payment is overdue and that legal action will commence within today if I don't comply with them. This is violation of International Financial Institution (IFI) policy of International Online Payment (IOP) section 210(104). This attracts huge penatly which ranges from fine to imprisonment according to the International Law (IL) and such case will be report in the International Court of Law in the Hague.

Hope everyone can be beware of this.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi all,

Thanks for posting in the forum and for warning the community about possible fraudulent emails. 

You will find additional tips that will help you to identify a genuine email from PayPal here

Please also keep in mind that a notification of an invoice marked as paid, doesn't indicate that the payment was received.  It is important to make sure that the funds are reflected in your PayPal balance. 

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.