Is there a time limit to request refund through paypal?

delicious_mocca
New Community Member

Last year I made a payment of USD 400 to a videographer. He promised me that he will get my video done within one month. After waiting for more than a month, he never delivered his promise. I kept contacting him, but he never replied. I even went to small claim court, paid additional USD 100, he lost the case, but he never ever refunded my money. I just figured out that I actually can request a refund throuh paypal. My question is that if there is time limit to request refund? Because it's definitely more than 60 days. Please advice! Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@delicious_mocca

If you are in the UK you have up to 180 days to file a dispute for non receipt of item.

BUT whether you get a refund or not depends on how you paid him and whether you met all the buyer protection criteria.

But why not open a dispute > put in what has happened and escalate it to a claim and see if you can get your refund.

Failing that if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you BUT try the paypal dispute first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.