Is anyone happy with the treatment they have received from eBay and Pay pal

Fosse
Contributor
Contributor

I for one am very disappointed eBay used to be a good sight to buy and sell now it seems its only a good place to buy and as for Pay pal its the same thing I can understand that you have to have some kind of restrictions on new members but when you,ve bought and sold for six years with all positive feedback why withhold peoples money .

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

HERES SOME INFO FOR YOU:

I had to go through the process x2 as well, this was because i stopped selling for a couple of years then came back to it again so they classed me as a new seller.

I didn't really mind as i rarely had to wait the 21 days to get my payment as most things i sent went tracked.

Why your payments are held.

• You have been selling on eBay for less than 90 days
• You have an eBay feedback score fewer than 100 as a seller and have not yet established a record of good performance
• You have received fewer than 20 Detatiled Seller Ratings on eBay in the last 12 months or your eBay seller performance is below standard
• You have a high rate of customer disputes or a low eBay feedback percentage
• You have been a PayPal member for less than 6 months and have limited selling activity
• You have a sudden change in selling activities (e.g. suddenly selling expensive items, selling large numbers of items, etc.)
• You happen to be selling in a high risk category such as tickets, travel, gift vouchers, computers, electronics, mobile phones, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, paypal may set aside payments for a single transaction or for all payments to sellers who meet the criteria above.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Fosse
Contributor
Contributor

I understand that poeple can be classed as a new seller when starting to sell but after selling for 3 to 4 weeks getting my money imediatlely after receiving positive feedback from buyers who have left feedback not all buyers do . Doing everything asked by eBay and then they saying after a month we have put your money on hold makes no sense .

Login to Me Too

dezzydo
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone said they are happy with the treatment they are receiving if you keep on at eBay and paypal you do eventually get a reply so I just say keep complaining you,ll get through to someone who will listen.

Login to Me Too

James_W_Thompso
Contributor
Contributor

NO, I AM NOT and I agree 100%.  The delays in payment allow PayPal to earn interest, no matter how small.  It also let's their books look nice at the end of quarterly financials.

Login to Me Too

ariskk
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, after 3 months that I receive a payment to paypal (my 1st one but the buyer commented positivelly about me), the money are still held by paypal. I am lost in their web of "help" pages and they didn't reply when I finally managed to send them a msg using their contact form. Anyone knows how can I claim my money?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.