Invalid transaction?

rowanh
New Community Member

I sold an item on eBay and received an email informing me I had received payment via PayPal. However, when I clicked on the attached transation ID, I was redirected to PayPal saying it was an error. There is nothign else to suggest I may have received payment- there is no new money in my bank account or on PayPal, and I can't find any trace of this person's transaction. Is it posisble that this person deleted the transaction after he sent it, or is it an error from something else? 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Sophie

Hi rowanh,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forum 🙂

I can understand your concern with this situation. Once you have confirmed the email address registered to your PayPal account, any payments sent to this email will always show on your account activity immediately.

If you don't see any record of the transaction on your account, we advise not sending the item you're selling out, and communicating with your buyer directly to ask about the payment status on their side.

If you have any further issues, I'd recommend contacting Customer Support directly so we can look into this for you more closely and confirm whether the email that was sent to you was a legitimate PayPal one.

Looking forward to hearing from you 🙂

Sophie

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.