International buyers

Tonyrol
New Community Member
is this a legitimate address? Also is this a common request? Global Shipping Programme. Send your package to the designated UK shipping centre, where international postage and any applicable customs forms and impor Delivery address Unit 1, Langham Park, Berristow Lane South Normanton, Derbyshire DE55 2GF United Kingdom
Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

Elfkincatcher
Contributor
Contributor
Yes - you have been 'opted in' to ebay's Global Shipping Programme.... Even if you didn't know it! You ship to that address and they (Pitney Bowes) check and repack to send to your customer! Personally I'd opt out in the future...visit eBay seller central forum and they will tell you exactly why! The plus side, your responsibility ends with arrival at PB ....you only pay UK postage and your customer pays the overseas element , handling fees and customs duty....which are quite frankly, astronomic! Most items sent through the RM outside EU don't attract customs payments even over the limit and so under normal circumstances no handling fee either...with GSP they DEFINITELY WILL if the item is over the limit...it puts people off buying because of this.... There is also no need to use GSP in Europe as there are no customs fees....but GSP shipping charges are far higher than a brokered courier!!!! There are also instances of them getting calculations wrong and customers asked to pay more customs fees before they get their goods...and also of breakages due to them repacking badly. You might not be held responsible but you might still get bad feedback!
Login to Me Too

blackcat14
Contributor
Contributor

Item still not received, so contacted seller, who stated I had given wrong delivery address. after time and much effort and emails to and fro to buyer, discovered both of us were correct. I had on ebay and paypal my home address in France for delivery,BUT seller stated I had given him the langham park address...we both decided to refer to resolution centre.However, I decided to make more enquiries as we were both correct (ebay and paypal showed my correct address and buyer proved what address he had for me).Eventually I tracked down the buyers address he had for me and it appears it is a depot for international shippers).

So I expect my package is still sitting there, BUT neither I or seller aware of this procedure, which is very expensive and confusing as neither party made aware of the shipment method.  What to do now to obtain the goods is the question and how much longer to wait, along with all the aggrivation caused to both buyer and seller , neither who were at fault.

Login to Me Too

blackcat14
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone advise how long you have to await the delivery of a parcel that went to Langham park DE55 2GF,apparently because it was coming from England to France it goes there .Have learnt this is not necessary, however both I the buyer and the seller were not asked if we wanted the parcel to go through this procedure.. Have now been waiting for delivery for nearly 4 weeks!

Can I contact some one over this?

Login to Me Too

giuliano89
New Community Member

Is happening the same to me but I've been waiting for two weeks..I hope anything's ok.

Login to Me Too

blackcat14
Contributor
Contributor

interested to know, ,is yr tracking number 21 letters, commencing with UPA ACC, as I've searched this number on all postal delivery firms...to no avail, although it produces "in transit", when I do trac on my Ebay purchase history. Have referred to resolution centre, but have to wait till 8th Dec, before they take over...will add again, that I know seller not at fault, as he was given the Langham Park address ,will keep u updated as to conclusion....let me know if you have any joy.

Login to Me Too

jeanie1989
Contributor
Contributor
Received .mine this morning. .. thankfully! Covered in ebay tape. I'm not happy with the extra shipping charges and delay but I received it... good luck hope you get it resolved.
Login to Me Too

Grovelands9
New Community Member

Hi there

After reading all the stuff and the problems I am wary of using overseas postings.

The other thing it appears from reading comments that packages are opened and repacked at GSP presumably by Pitney Bowes which is some concern if you have a fragile valuable object and they interfere with your secure packing and then send it overseas in a less than secure packing fashion.  Why do they repack are they checking for illicit goods - presumably they are

Would like an answer as sending something to Australia which I know the postal cost is down to the buyer but what if there is damage ? Who is resposible - There are no phone nbrs to ring and it appears from the forum Ebay and PayPal pass the buck around and as usual the poor Mr Public takes the soggy biscuit and loses out - what a system.  Do not think overseas posting using this system is alive with possible problems - what do you think ?

Login to Me Too

Elfkincatcher
Contributor
Contributor
You should see that addy in pay pal BTW... always check the address you post to is on the payment advice - if you're ever in doubt check on your account page rather than the email as scammers can send you phoney pay pal emails! Also - only tracked gives you seller protection anyway!
Login to Me Too

blackcat14
Contributor
Contributor

me ebay order for parcel was correct(my french adress), on paypal a/c money taken for goods, also money taken for usps post, this totaled the full money I paid for goods. However when I contacted seller, he stated he was advised to send to different address, so he was of the opinion that I had given it as my address. The address was langham park berristow lane de55 2gf.On following this up, I descover that it is linked to USPS carriers. I have a tracking number, that is not recognised by USPS, although when I track number through EBAY it states shipped 15/11/14 and in transit. what I would like to know is WHO exactly do I contact regarding tracing this parcel? ANY IDEAS?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.