I want to know if this is scam

andrewpark1
Contributor
Contributor

I was selling an item on the Ebay.

Then a guy messaged me that he wants to buy my item and was asking me if it was still available.

So I said yes and he sent me this.

Glad to hear back from you. I want to buy the item for my friend for Christmas in overseas. My budget to offer you is $850.00 USD if you could consider it including shipping costs for his gift this year. I will need your P-a-y-P-a-l Email & Item number of the listing on ebay to make payment now. Send it directly to my email address below. 

I sent an email to him and few hours later, he sent me an email 

I just finished sending out the payment  you can check your email address inbox and spam mail for the confirmation of payment from paypal. 

Few minuites later, I received a confirmation email from paypal.

However, I could find nothing in my paypal account.

He then sent me

when are you heading to the post office to have it shipped out and email them the tracking number so they can release the funds into your account?

The part that make me think that this is a scam is the address.

Name: Segun Abayomi 
Address: 5, Adedeji street Itire, Ijeshatedo,
City:Surulere,
State:Lagos.
Zip code:23401

And the last part of the email was weird. It was requesting me to send an email to some gmail not paypal.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has been "APPROVED" but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller.Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited.Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail (PERSONAL EMAIL and we will attend to you. As soon as you send the shipment tracking number to us for security purposes and also the safety of both the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account in the 24hours
after verification of postage.

also when I click the transaction ID, 404 not found appears.

The guy's Ebay account had a high rating so it still makes me confused if this is a scam or not.

Is this a scam?
Because it is my first time to sell something on Ebay, I am not sure about this.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

yet another duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andrewpark1
Contributor
Contributor

Oh.. I probably had an internet problem when I was posting this.

I did not intended to do this sorry.

How can I delete the posts?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andrewpark1

Don't worry about it now as i have posted a comment on all of them to get rid of them from ''contribute'' but you are only allowed one thread per topic.

The important thing is you read the answer to your question in time ?

www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-on-eBay/I-want-to-know-if-this-is-scam/m-p/1146803

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.