I think I've been ripped off. Please help.

Mo_F
New Community Member

I bought a bike from a website called www.fixedgearfrenzy.com on the 09/01/2013. The bike cost £269.00 with free delivery using Royal Mail Special Delivery. The company also uses paypal.

The money left my account on the same day, and I received an email saying the bike will be dispatched once payment was received, and a new email would be sent to confirm the money was received, and that the bike will be shipped immediately. 

It is now the 13/01/2013 (4 days after making payment) and I have had no confirmation of the bike being shipped etc.

In the order history of my account, the order status is complete, but I have not received the item. 

Due to this confusion, I have emailed them asking for an update but not received any response. The lack of communication worried me so I began to read reviews on this company, only to find this has happened numerous times before. Some of their customers have never received their goods or had a refund, and none of their emails were answered. 

It took me 8 months to save up for this bike, and I am in no position to loose such a large amount of money. 

If anyone could give me some advise or point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Melissa

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
OK its only 4 days and 2 of those were the weekend so its way too early to worry yet. You have up to 45 days to file a claim for non receipt of item with paypal and if the seller cannot provide a tracking number that proves DELIVERY of the item to you then you will get a refund. But personally i would wait at least 7-10 days before filing a dispute just in case it does turn up or you hear from the company.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.