I recieved money for an item, I sent the item, now the payment has been Held and Reversed???

jacob_id
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an Item on ebay, it said on my PayPal account that the Payment had been received so Dispatched the Item. Now on my PayPal it says the Payment was HELD and now its been REVERSED without no Case on EBAY being opened.

What shall i do? He got my Item for free!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

mb1990
New Community Member

I've had the exact same thing, hope someone can give an answer to this.

Login to Me Too

dottom

There's nothing you can do.  Even with shipping proof and the fake "seller protection" you are at risk if the buyer reverses charges with the bank.  Many sellers are getting bleeped big time buy Paypal due to fraudulent buyers or hacked Paypal accounts.

Paypal and ebay are really destroying their own business, but there's always new sheep to sheer.  What usually happens is a seller sees some initial success and then starts to scale the business and then whamo, becomes fraudulent buyer target and searches Google and this forum and sees that seller after seller are getting bleeped by Paypal.

I've yet to see a case ruled in my favor even when I have submitted 10 attachments of evidence that the item was received by the seller.  I've stopped doing business on Paypal unless absolutely necessary.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your replying to a thread nearly 2 years old, doubt they are still about to read it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.