How do I cancel a paypal payment?

Loobelle
New Community Member

I recently sold an item on Ebay, I said in the listing 'cash on collection only' as I couldn't remember my papypal details and didn't want to post it. However my buyer paid by paypal! I have contacted her and she has collected and paid cash and I want to stop the paypal payment .How can i cancel it? I have found my log in details and can see the payment pending. Do I need to wait for the funds to come in and then refund her?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yes wait for it to arrive in your paypal account balance then use the refund option to send it back to her.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Loobelle
New Community Member

Thanks for that, will do and wil let buyer know. Do I need to do  anything specific to get the funds released from Pay pal to my account? It says I have to wait until April 17th!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sounds as if you have been subject to the new seller hold which is 21 days.

Unfortunately as you can't provide a tracking number to prove the buyer has received the item then you may well have to wait the full 21 days.

Its all in the link below BUT make sure you scroll down all the page to get the full info.

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.