Holding funds

kami2283
New Community Member

Hello, I have been a PayPal and eBay user since the company started and I have always been happy with the service.  Recently I sold a PS Vita on ebay and the funds went into paypal and then went on hold.  I had to wait 9 days and contact them 3 times to release the funds.  The ebay buyer had the item for a 6 days until I got my funds.  This is not right and is not how business works.  Payapl never used to hold funds and they shouldn't be doing it now.  If they continue to hold funds like this I will stop using Ebay and Payal as there are cheaper, easier ways of selling items.  The main reason I stuck with paypal is relaibility but this incident has seriously put me off!  Is anyone else an old customer / seller like me getting frustrated with this ridiculous new change?  I will also be spreading the word of my frustration across social media and other forums.  Who ever made the decision to start holding funds is an idiot and they shouldn't be in a job!!

Regards

Mr Kamron Bahrami

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kami2283

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.

The ''new seller'' hold has been around for many years and most sellers on Ebay have been through it.

However whilst its called the new seller hold its not just for new sellers, you can be put back on it for other reasons as per below.

Reasons why you may have returned to the hold as per link above possibly are >>>

1. New seller.

2. Not sold for a while and returned to selling.

3. Dipped star ratings on ebay.

4. Recent buyer disputes.

5. Selling on a different email address or ebay i.d.

6. Suddenly selling a high cost item against normal selling history?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.