Hi, Could someone advise please on problems with payment being recieved

patsywool
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold two items today where payment has been successful, but two other would be buyers are unable to pay for what the want. The items are on BIN so immediate payment is required. I dont understand why some transactions are going through but not others. I would appreciate any advice thankyou.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That could be the reason then.

You are not allowed to sell on a personal account. If you do so you will have no paypal seller protection.

You are probably finding that the buyers who's payments are going through are not funding their payments via a credit card and the ones that are not are funding it via their credit cards.

Paypal will only allow you to accept a few credit card funded payments on a personal account and then you have to upgrade.

If you don't then after a while they will stop you selling until you do.

You don't have to be a UK registered business to have a business account as most sellers on ebay are just individuals selling stuff they no longer want. When you upgrade you just ignore the company info and select the "individual" pathway. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Do you have a business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

patsywool
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

No I dont have a buisness account. I am a 73 year old lady living in a big house full of  'stuff ' I no longer need or use as I am downsizing. Thank you. Pat

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

That could be the reason then.

You are not allowed to sell on a personal account. If you do so you will have no paypal seller protection.

You are probably finding that the buyers who's payments are going through are not funding their payments via a credit card and the ones that are not are funding it via their credit cards.

Paypal will only allow you to accept a few credit card funded payments on a personal account and then you have to upgrade.

If you don't then after a while they will stop you selling until you do.

You don't have to be a UK registered business to have a business account as most sellers on ebay are just individuals selling stuff they no longer want. When you upgrade you just ignore the company info and select the "individual" pathway. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

patsywool
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know that as I had no idea .Kind Regards. Pat

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.