Help!! Confused

Becstar2012
Contributor
Contributor
So I have got myself into a tangle, I have sold an item on eBay and payment been sent to the wrong email address I have tried adding the email address to my PayPal it won't let me (very very very old email address) I have tired to log into my emails and outlook won't let me as its been inactive for too long so wont let me even read the emails. What do I do??? How do a get the gentleman money back to him?!?! Can a do this through eBay?? Without accessing PayPal?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Becstar2012

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so you would need to change it DURING the listing process next time.

Secondly you need to ask the buyer what it says next to the transaction in his paypal account.

1. Complete /sent

2. unclaimed WITH or WITHOUT a cancel option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Becstar2012
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for replying. The email was spelt right but the did continued email address 😞 (can tell it's the first time have sold an item) anyways I have messaged the buyer to check (I feel so awful) what would he have to do if he can't cancel payment?? Thanks in advance
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.