Gumtree Scammer

megnicole

I put up a post for my silvercross car seat this moring recieved an email from Sarah Kingston asking to buy it but it was the same sob story ive read on here. 

- Great! please consider it sold as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and I'm just recovering from heart surgery so I'm home-bound.

I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal once you are ready. 
Kindly get back to me with your location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now? - 

This is the first time ive used gumtree and wasnt aware of this being a problem with scammers - ive called paypal and instantly told me that it was a scam and i should forward the email to them which i have done. I put the post up for £70 for the car seat and they sent over £405 which included fees for the western union which paypal arent linked with, as soon as i checked my paypal account i knew something wasnt right. These people are sick and need to stop scamming. 
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megnicole

Scams been ongoing for years and is all over this forum and the other internet forums.

Glad you were not caught out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megnicole

Scams been ongoing for years and is all over this forum and the other internet forums.

Glad you were not caught out.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.