Fraud

Yvonne851
New Community Member

Gw** mah**** 13 fo***in street off ombola street lawanson itire surulere 10**** lagos Nigeria frauded me said that they sent the money and I sent the product.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yvonne851

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mandi100
New Community Member
23-5-2016...BEWARE ' Gwen Maharaj' from Nigeria or ebay user name 'GODCHOSEYYOU' offered me a fabulous sum of money for a wedding dress. Said funds would be released when I entered the tracking number. Turned out to be fraud, she asked my name which I have her & falsely sent me emails as if they were from PayPal. Thank god o didn't send her the dress.
Login to Me Too

seaboiz
New Community Member

Same issue, 4/1/17, still going strong it seems....

Gwen Maharaj

"I really appreciate your transparency concerning this transaction and have successfully sent out the money to your PayPal Email Address and i will urge you to go and post the item to the address below by tomorrow morning and make sure the item was ship via Royal Mail Service.

Bukky James
16 Omobola Street
Lawanson Itire
Surulere 101014
Lagos Nigeria".

Login to Me Too

Zodiackingg
New Community Member
I had the same guy
Login to Me Too

Zodiackingg
New Community Member
16 Omobola Street
> Lawanson Itire
> Surulere 101014
> Lagos Nigeria.
The email looks genuine but i didnt send it. Because when u click to see the email. Its not paypal usual.
Login to Me Too

Zodiackingg
New Community Member
Herbertdot interlich at rediffmail dot com
If u get this guy on ebay or amazon report him.
Login to Me Too

BrownieManZap
New Community Member

Same Thing happened to me found this forum just before I went to send it thank god. Nearly ripped me off £170

Login to Me Too

Paula31
New Community Member
I've just had the same person but the address flagged as a worry with me so thought I'd investigate a little first. Thank goodness
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.