Fraud stemming from Guntree involving Paypal

Solution1
New Community Member

Having read about other people's stories when selling cars, motorcycles etc felt I should share this variation of the fraudster's story. Email pasted below which I instantly took to be suspicious and ignored.

"Great! please consider it sold as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and i'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being on wheelchair. I would appreciate if you email me with more photos (if available) since i'm unable to see it in person. I have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and i'll pay you via PayPal today.
Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?"

The above email arrived within an hour of posting a car for sale. Interesting thing was that the 'views' and ' listing' stats showed zeros - so how had the scammer picked the new listing up?  May be an inside job!

Keep safe and take note of the advice on these sites regarding buyer not turning up in person, promising to pay through PayPal etc.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.