lokdawg
lokdawg New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0

Fraud in Nigeria.

"Thanks for the response,it's my first time buying an item online and i'm gonna be glad if you can sell it to me.I'm presently in Afghanistan Where am serving the country being a military officer,i wanna get the item for my daughter whom school overseas as a Surprise gift. I will pay you the sum of $1100 via PayPal for the item and shipping cost via USPS Global Express Mail International (EMS). I'm gonna need your PayPal email for the instant payment,i look forward in hearing from you."

I think ohhh well that's nice...

Hi, i have made the payment and i want you to ship the Engagement Ring out asap to the PayPal confirmed address.Am sure the customer care might have reached you,check your PayPal email inbox or spam folder for the confirmation.Do get back to me after the shipment once again these is the shipping address,don't forget i want the item shipped via USPS Global Express Mail International 3-5 days delivery.

Name:Hollamide Michaels,
    Address:No 34 Asajon Street,
                 Sango-Tedo,
                  Lekki-Epe Express Way,
                  Ajah,
                  Lagos,
                  Nigeria,
I didn't see any payments show up in paypal...soooo I google the address and BAM! found this conversation room! hah really? I'm going to ship something to that address with no payment in my account? Cammmmon' get smater...hows this guy use the same line everytime.  So I say "Okay - well the payment has not yet gone through.  And just so you are aware, when I Google the address you sent me below, it has "Fraud" written all over it --- sooooo I'll be waiting money in the account to go through before sending anything. Check it out for yourself!  https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Selling-on-eBay/Fraud/td-p/284652?profile.language=en-gb Soooo I'm going to say this probably isn't going to work out!  Thanks for trying though!"

0 Kudos
kimnleanne1
kimnleanne1 New Community Member
New Community Member

Re: Fraud in Nigeria.

Hi, i have had someone wanting the item i was selling on ebay, they said they would put the money into my paypal account, and sure enough the money was in my paypal account, but i had a feeling it was dodgy, so i have now cancelled the money request, any idea what i do now the person and address is,   Lyndel Hammed
29, Dosunmu Street 
Itire Surulere 
Lagos 23401
Nigeria

i wondered why he wanted to give me £90 for postage...glad i came into paypal forum and checked it out.

0 Kudos
kernowlass
kernowlass Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 1052

People in nigeria can't use paypal, they would have hijacked someone elses paypal account probable and used that and once reported by the owner of the account the funds would have been removed. 

0 Kudos
Starlit
Starlit New Community Member
New Community Member

Is that a fact?
0 Kudos
StefanoL
StefanoL New Community Member
New Community Member

[ Edited ]
OOOOOOH MY GOD. I just encountered this person. Same story! I have ten email regarding an iPhone I wanted to sell!!! $780 for an iPhone 4S 64GB he said I'll send money via PayPal and the funds r there just frozen until I show proof of delivery, as per PayPal email. This is wild. Same goddam story! *HIS INNITIAL EMAIL AFTER GETTING MY ATTENTION* <ryan_michaels670 hotmail ; wrote: Thanks for the response,it's my first time buying an item online and i'm gonna be glad if you can sell it to me.i Could have instructed Junior Officer to  pick-up & cash. But I'm presently in Afghanistan Where am serving the country being a military officer, i wanna get the item for my daughter whom school overseas  as a surprise Birthday gift. I will pay you the sum of $780 via PayPal for the item and shipping cost via USPS Global Express Mail International (EMS). I'm gonna need your PayPal email for the instant payment, i look forward in hearing from you. -------------- If anyone is interested in the rest of his BS I have many other emails
0 Kudos
thilak47
thilak47 New Community Member
New Community Member

Same here the guy was asking me the tracking no so he can release the payment and he had sended extra £ 100 for the post its all fake cant believe how come the paypal original email id and that fake email id r same
0 Kudos
Garethw12
Garethw12 New Community Member
New Community Member

Got the same..told the Nigerian a fake shipping number and he never bothered me again. Also posted a toy £1 mobile Fone out to him just as gift lol
0 Kudos
Riverisland
Riverisland New Community Member
New Community Member

I got frauded all because I had emails in my paypal account and the email the fraudsters use is the exact same as paypal, with their logo etc. saying Sequel to the email we sent you subjecting the recent funds being paid into your account, we write to confirm that you have a pending payment of £325.00 GBP paid in by (burac1995) being paid for your item that you sold on eBay, item number: 231026075168. You have been asked to provide the shipment number, which is the bar code tracking number which will be issued to you after posting the item. The £325.00 GBP was paid in by the buyer for the item including the postage cost that is why you have a pending payment of £325.00 GBP, you are therefore required to provide us with the bar code tracking number so that we can credit your account. Thank you for using PayPal for your online transactions! The PayPal Team. Reported it to ebay, paypal and the police. Dont think anything will come of it but atleast its reported it so buyers pls beware.
0 Kudos
hisshan93
hisshan93 New Community Member
New Community Member

OMG I literally just got an email today for a necklace....the sending address is; 

29 Dosunmu street

Itire Surulere

Lagos 

Nigeria

I was nervous to sent it to Nigeria so I googled the address and found this! So glad I googled it now. so thank you!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
tbrat
tbrat New Community Member
New Community Member

Hilarious!! I just had a responce from a craigslist add EXACT SAME THING!! Im selling a 3d projector an screen he never mentioned the the actual product but asked * do you still have it for sale *  and then got an email from him asking for my paypal email so he can send me the money... i was asking $800 he offerd to send me $950 to pay for shipping. he left me his cell which is a northern cali area code .. i asked where he was and he gave me this address ...

Gabriel Larson 
No. 46 Oyenuga Street Ijeshatedo
Surulere , Lagos 
Nigeria 

and told me he called his * friend * that works at the USPS and confirmed and verified the address and that i must send it via express mail ... he said he needed it urgently for his daughters wedding!!! 

I'll admit i got a lil excited about the $950 ( coz i still thought at this time he was in No. Cal due to his area code lol ) so came to paypal to see what i needed to do to set up an account THANK GOD  my debit card has no balance so i couldnt link it lol ... an then something * clicked * so i googled the zip code for Lagos and thats not it!!!  So looking a lil further i see about all these * scams and frauds in Nigeria * and ALL SIMILAR STORIES!! Thank God for google and these forums!!!  =)  needless to say he wont be using my projector for his daughters wedding!!!!!  ill be editing my craigslist add to LOCAL SELLS ONLY!!!! LOL 

0 Kudos