Fraud in Nigeria.

tuananh94km
New Community Member

I have had a problem for my first selling on ebay. I sell an samsung s6 and after that a person buy it and ask me ship to NIGERIA with the addrss Samuel Adekola,No 14,ipodo Street,Ikeja Lagos, Nigeria. 23401. This person using fake paypal and steal my money for a lot of fee through western union. Now this person do not answer any email from me, I was lot a lot of money.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tuananh94km

Sorry you were caught out but this scam has been going for years and is all over the internet and this forum.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

deb_leenab
New Community Member

I have just been scammed by this same user as mentioned above. What are my options? Looking at a Loss of lots of money

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deb_leenab

As no part of the transaction was done using paypals site there is nothing they can do for you unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.