First Time seller

Pirn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm just new to pay pal and ebay and i am selling a guitar of mines. I am selling it for £250 and originally had hoped to sell via collection but it is looking like i am going to have to post it. 

Therefore i am looking for some advice on the best way to get the funds from the buyer before i send off the guitar. I am just looking to know the safest way to do this, as i am a bit apprehensive to send off my guitar into the unknown without having the funds secured. 

How does this generally work?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Pirn

If u want it collected state that in your listing where it says domestic postage and on the description area, and ask for cash on collection

dont accept ppal if collecting

U dont have to post if u dont want to

Its a delicate and expensive item could get damaged?

Login to Me Too

Pirn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your responce. 

I am quite happy to post it now, as I think that's the way I'm going to be able to sell it ASAP. It's just i'm not sure how paypal works in regards to me having the money before i post the guitar.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Ok I would advice u to send it tracked

When u receive a payment u will see the payment in your acc as "pending" and have a 21 day hold on payment as u are new to selling

U will also receive an email from ppal informing u of payment

Genuine ppal emails always address u as Dear Full Name

Do not ship until u see the payment in your acc

http://sellerupdate.ebay.co.uk/autumn2013/changes-payment-holds

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Also make sure u send to the address PPAL provide not EBAY

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.