Fee's

john56lb
Contributor
Contributor

Got the usual Email from paypal to say that someone had paid 6.99 and when I logged into my account they had charged me A 0.44 fee and the total was only 6.55 into my account.  Is this a new idea, as its not happened before

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your paypal payment has never been an invoice and is always directed straight from the buyers payment before the rest is credited to your balance.

You only get an invoice from ebay every month with their fees. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

For as long as i have been selling on ebay and receiving payments via paypal they have always charged a fee.

They are separate companies, you pay ebay to advertise and sell your item and are invoiced those fees monthly.

You pay paypal to be able to receive instant payments from buyers including card funded payments.

Those payments are normally 3.4% + 20p per transaction and are debited before the balance is credited to your paypal account balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

john56lb
Contributor
Contributor

I have recieved many payments via ebay and know that i have to pay a fee too both but its the first time I have had 1 deducted from an invoice. Just wondered if they had started chargeing each invoice seperately instead of monthly. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your paypal payment has never been an invoice and is always directed straight from the buyers payment before the rest is credited to your balance.

You only get an invoice from ebay every month with their fees. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

john56lb
Contributor
Contributor

My appologies, just checked some other invoices and seen the same. just haveing a senior moment. many thanks for giving me a well deserved wake up.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I have those as well  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.