Fee deducted from ebay payment

Rimcibimci

Hello

im wondering why a paypal fee was deducted from the sale price I received from an ebay buyer . PayPal says receiving and sending money is free and I don’t remember being charged in the past when I sold something on ebay. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Rimcibimci wrote:

Hello

im wondering why a paypal fee was deducted from the sale price I received from an ebay buyer . PayPal says receiving and sending money is free and I don’t remember being charged in the past when I sold something on ebay. Thank you.

Hi, @Rimcibimci

Each transaction received from a sale, such as eBay, is automatically deducted to include a service fee. The fee amount is based on your total sales volume, therefore the more items sold, the less deducted.

For example, if an item sold for £20.99 on a low-volume seller's PayPal account, it would be deducted to around £20.08 after the service fee. This applies to all PayPal customers who sell Goods & Services but doesn't extend to personal payments.

The standard fee is 3.4% + 20p.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rimcibimci

Sorry but how do you think paypal make any money to pay their staffs wages if paypal was free???

Its only FREE if you send a friends / family payment to a mate or family member AND fund it via funds in their paypal balance or bank account, if they fund it with a card then you pay a fee.

However all SALES pay a fee per transaction of 3.4% + 20p.

That is deducted from your buyers payment before the rest is transfered to your paypal balance.

Ebays fee is invoiced on a monthly basis.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Rimcibimci

Sorry for asking ! 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rimcibimci

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Rimcibimci wrote:

Hello

Hi, @Rimcibimci

Each transaction received from a sale, such as eBay, is automatically deducted to include a service fee. The fee amount is based on your total sales volume, therefore the more items sold, the less deducted.

For example, if an item sold for £20.99 on a low-volume seller's PayPal account, it would be deducted to around £20.08 after the service fee. This applies to all PayPal customers who sell Goods & Services but doesn't extend to personal payments.

The standard fee is 3.4% + 20p.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.