Fake Paypal Payment Confirmation

ChrisCrenshaw
Contributor
Contributor

On January 6th, 2018. I received an email from "paypal" confirming my payment for the amount of $600 dollars. Receiving that i proceeded to ship out my iPhone and iPad. When the tracking number wouldn't track i went to the post office assuring that it was shipped out and they told me yes. During the week i was in touch with the guy for a while until two days ago which is when i believe the package was received since he stopped replying. So then I called you guys and got not much help and the guy told me that the email was a fake email with a transaction id from 2000 and he was  very rude and didn't care to help me. Id just like a refund for my money .. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisCrenshaw

If it was a 'fake' paypal email and you have no funds in your paypal balance then you did in fact give away your items to a scammer BEFORE you were paid.

As no part of the transaction was done via paypals site but just via emails then they can't do anything for you as it has nothing to do with them.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisCrenshaw
Contributor
Contributor
So how would I go about reviving my funds for the items ..
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChrisCrenshaw

You can't, you have been SCAMMED.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ChrisCrenshaw
Contributor
Contributor
You sure about that ..
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.