Echek/ echeque

BenSpiers123
Contributor
Contributor

this is for a friend who runs a company and uses PayPal payment: so a buyer bought some goods from his company and payed with echeque and he sent the goods before it cleared but the payment got declined! Because it's arrived and he sent it before it was ok to do so is there nothing he can do? Lots of people have said to him that if he sends it before techically he just sent a gift!! If that's true I guess he's stuffed and has to be more careful in future?

thankyou!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenSpiers123

When the buyer paid via an echeque the seller would have been given a clearance date of when the payment would arrive to him.

If he chose to send before the echeque cleared then it was his risk to be fair and he just lost out  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenSpiers123

When the buyer paid via an echeque the seller would have been given a clearance date of when the payment would arrive to him.

If he chose to send before the echeque cleared then it was his risk to be fair and he just lost out  Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BenSpiers123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for you replying, So he or his online shop can take no action to get back the goods? So they're not covered? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BenSpiers123

Paypal can't force a buyer to pay if the echeque fails.

The idea is you wait until you are paid before you send the goods.

He can file in the small claims court and take private action if he thinks its worthwhile.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.