Ebay item sold, refund given, buyer won't return item. Help!

edbreckin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Would be appreciative if anybody can help or have had similar issues.

I sold an item on ebay will I mistakingly sold as Blu-ray not DVD (My error), obviously this went to an ebay case and I agreed to return the item. The seller refused to return the item without the refund which I stupidly (good faith) agreed to. He is now however refusing to send the item after the refund as he says he wants more money.

Ebay can't help as they said I shouldn't have given the refund.

Anything paypal can do?

Thanks for any advice!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

I'm confused.

I agreed to return the item  ......so you must be the buyer if you are returning the item??

The seller refused to return the item w   So now you are the buyer and they are the seller??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elfkincatcher
Contributor
Contributor
The quick answer is no! TBH - the fault was yours - the return postage ought to be paid under such circumstances. As they have the refund I expect the buyer feels the same too! In such circumstances there is little you can do for low value items. If it was high value you could contemplate County Court (Money Claim Online) and ask for compensation but even that would be risky! If you get a similar case again either send the return postage first and refund in full on receipt or make it clear you will only refund once it has been received back. As a private seller you can't be forced to repay return postage but for such mistakes it would be the honourable thing to do.
Login to Me Too

Murphy2
Contributor
Contributor

I got nowhere with paypal on a case a buyer made on a item she damaged.   Ebay ruled in my favor but the buyer notified her credit card company.   Lots of promiss from Paypal they will help and they did nothing but hand over the money back to the buyer.  Buyer also has item.    I may take the buyer to court.   Will wait a short time to ese if I hear from her but otherwise court is the only option for a $500 item.    Very disappointed in paypal as t hey make promises they cannot and won't keep.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.