Ebay buyer with zero feedback bought an item from me but I am afraid he's a scammer

OdinSpherePT
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Long story short, ebay buyer is new, has zero feedback and has paid, but I'm not confortable of him buying from me, new user, no feedback, all seems very wierd to me. 

Who to do in a case like this? I'm prety sure I'm going to get a "not received" complain, even if I send tracked and signed for (another person will likely sign). 

Thanks for any help. 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OdinSpherePT

So did you start your ebay buying days at 100 feedback?

Would you have liked a seller to have refused you because you were using ebay for the first time?

Go ahead and refund if you want to and lets hope the buyer knows how to work the feedback system.

I love newbies, they are keen to pay quickly and love getting their first pos feedback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

OdinSpherePT
Contributor
Contributor

I know, I know, I sound like a **bleep**. 

Actually with my first 5 buys I told the sellers if they prefered to send tracked and signed, I'd gladly pay the extra (which I did). 

I don't have much experience selling, everytime I read something about zero feedback buyers, it's always bad stuff, seller 99% loses the case even if they did stuff right and correctly, and reading that stuff...I really don't want to lose my money. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OdinSpherePT

Sorry but you have no LESS ebay or paypal seller protection than if your buyer has 100 feedback.

Yes they can file a dispute for non receipt of item BUT if its signed for at their paypal registered address then they would lose the dispute.

They can file for item received but not as described but the same process would happen if they were a low or high feedback buyer.

Just read up on seller protection before you send if its a pricy item so you can lower the risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

harry2601
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Just had the exact same scenrio happen to me. 0 feedback and paid instantly, seems weird to me. Then i check back to their account (les than 5 minutes later) and they now have 2 positive feedbacks, which makes me more suspicious. 

however, the money is on hold in my paypal account and it says i need to send so i guess it is perfectly fine? (never been put on hold before)

sorry just me being paranoid as i almost got scammed a few weeks ago.

Harry

Login to Me Too

OdinSpherePT
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal transaction with him It says I am eligible for seller protection. 

Should I take photos of the package with the buyer's address, photos of the item being packed, scan the postage receipt with the sellers addressas it is in paypal, tracking code, etc, in case it will be needed? 

Also, is there a way to verify the buyer's account without actually calling Paypal? It's unnecessarily complicated how it is now, to call, send a code, etc, it takes time and it's expensive to call from outside the UK. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OdinSpherePT

It says you are ''eligable'' for seller protection but that is only if you meet all the criteria of seller protection.

As i said go read up on it and then you can risk assess your transactions.

And paypal are not going to tell you anything about another persons paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.