Ebay and Paypal

MYMaria
Contributor
Contributor

Please somebody tell me... is it possible to buy and sell on ebay without using paypal?  I've just sold a valuable item, only to now be told the payment is on hold.  This seems entirely wrong to me as I was led to believe Paypal was like a bank account... Never has my bank witheld my own money from me... and potentially for 21 days!!!!!!  

Also, I knew about the 10% seller fee to eBay but now it seems there is a paypal fee?  Clearly I should have more fully investigated before blindly beginning to use!  I don't know why I didn't... just seems everyone uses ebay/paypal so thought would be fine.  Can anyone clarify... am I correct about the 10% eBay fee, and is there a paypal fee and what percentage is it?   Also, are these fees taken automatically at the time of sale, applied monthly or do I have to make the payment myself?

Many thanks

Maria

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MYMaria
Contributor
Contributor

Also my bank does not take a 3.4% cut of any incoming funds so I am a little struggling to see the benefits of Paypal to me as a customer.  Someone please explain!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.