Ebay/Paypal request to list more

YourHighness
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Wanted to list my camcorder on ebay and my listing limit was set to 700EUR. As the cameras worth is more than 700EUR I can't list it. Ebay offers me this - 

"This listing would cause you to exceed the amount you can list. You can list up to £700.00 more in total sales this month. Please consider reducing the starting price or request to list more."

When I click "request to list more" ebay redirects me to PayPal. After login I get this message - 

"The country that your PayPal account is registered under is not supported by PayPal's bank confirmation process. You can log in with a different account or create a new one registered in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Philippines, Poland, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom and United States."

Tell me please how can I change the Ebay listing limit without moving to another country.

Thank you and have a great day!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourHighness

No idea as you have not said what country you are actually in as you are talking in pounds sterling and euros.

We would need to know what country you are in and what countries paypal account you have got but as you have not said its best you contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

YourHighness
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry... Country is Latvia, The Baltic States.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourHighness

Sorry but if you are in Latvia why is paypal telling you that your limit is in pounds sterling ie £700 and not your own currency?

Do you have a UK or Latvian paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YourHighness
Contributor
Contributor
Actually I don't know why my ebay message was in pounds. You think it's because there's a registration error? I have listed one similar camera in the past with no problems... Latvia is part of the European Union. So our currency now is EURO.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourHighness

Does sound a bit odd, are you sure you have a Latvian paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YourHighness
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, im pretty sure it's an Latvian account. I looked under paypal account options. Natonality - Latvia and my address is also Latvian.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@YourHighness

OK then it sounds as if in your country you can't "lift your sending / receiving limits" by adding a bank account.

In which case you may have to put off listing it until April when the limit re-sets.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

YourHighness
Contributor
Contributor

The thing is that I need to be able to list an item that is above 700 pounds. If the limit resets next month to default then i'm stuck with 700 pounds again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.