Ebay Help

Jakerobertsuk
Contributor
Contributor

Hi im asking for some advice maybe im worrying a bit to much

I won a auction on ebay for a item for a £100 but the seller had no feed back and im worrried i might not recieve it or i get a empty box

I know i might be jumping the gun here but i would like some feed back on how to deal with it worse case scenario 

I know i can get a refund if nothing arrives but im really worried about a empty box and how to deal with it

Thxs

Just found out the seller joined in 2011

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If you don't get what you expect or not at all, you have to open a dispute.  Don't waste time as you only have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute.  Once you open a dispute, if you cannot reach an agreement with the seller, you have 20 days from the date of the dispute to escalate it to a claim.  If you don't escalate your dispute to a claim, PayPal will assume that you and the seller have resolved the issue and "close" your dispute.  Once a dispute is closed, you cannot reopen it.

Login to Me Too

Jakerobertsuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but can i open a dispute if i recive a empty box? 

Thxs

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

PayPal is not a perfect system but, if you pay with a credit card, there's a good chance your card issuer can assist when PayPal does not.  (We know this from experience.)

Login to Me Too

Jakerobertsuk
Contributor
Contributor

Thxs for the replies just to update hes giving me a tracking number for it and its WRONG

Should i make a claim straight away or wait a couple of days 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.