Ebay Fruad loophole seeking advice to get my money back

aknglock
Contributor
Contributor

Basically it starts with poor victims like myself browsing the web for e-jobs to get abit of extra cash. I found a website for ebay re-selling called extremereselling . com the deal sounded pretty sweet i put up a camera or a ipod or ipad up on ebay for them give them a cut of the cash and they ship the item and i get to keep what is left over. So on the website they tell you to contact them over some IM messaging system to start your parternship with them i did this and posted 1Nikon D90 12.3 MP Digital SLR Camera - Black which is a camera retailing at $899 on ebay. It litterally sold within minutes so i sent the bloke his cut of the money with a note attached with the ebayers address attached to the paypal account he told me to send it to and he said speak to me tommorow and the item will be shipped. I done this and he told me that the item was shipped the next day and to contact the buyer with a message saying his camera should be with him within 15 days. I lucky then went on holiday for a week and when i got back off holiday i was getting more and more paranoid that this was a scam. The bloke who was offering me the ebay partenership was messaging me everyday asking me to post up more cameras from him. I said to him when i know the first guy has his camera i will contiune doing this for him. He then started to tell me that the ebay buyer had recived his item and was probably on holiday with it. But i wasn't buying any of it and the ebayer buyer bought another product off ebay a few days before. I messaged the ebayer buyer asking him if he had recived his camera and he messaged me back about a hour later with the answer no. By this time the bloke over the instant messaging system was telling me when i get raged when i loose my money not to delete him off of xfire as he had more to tell me which is still yet to come.

I don't really know what to do iv refunded the ebayer buyer his money out of my own pocket and its lucky i only sold 1 camera for him as if i didn't i would have been $10000's of dollars in debt. He keeps messaging me with comments like "Better tell Mummy" ect.... over the instant messaging system. Its like he seems to have a hidden ace up his sleeve and all paypal are telling me to do is wait for a responce from which he's been asked to proviode a item tracking id or something like that.

But i don't know what to do iv gone overdrawn because of this and he still has my money sat in his account which paypal has frozen. And im getting myself in debt all over this scam. I need my money back fast. Can anybody give me any advice what so ever iv been bombarding paypal with calls yet im getting the same answer every time.

Please help me

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

jowacky
New Community Member

Inform the Police

Login to Me Too

Ryanx
Contributor
Contributor

How did your problem fend out? I think I have been a victim of this too. As I'm getting very suspicious of my supplier who has promised the exact same thing you described. I have sold 3 cameras already and paid via Paypal to the person. The website is exactly the same as extremereselling .com but mine was from securereselling .com which looks exactly the same. If this is truly fraud/scam, how is this site still up? I'm getting extremely worried. Give me some advice on your experience.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

If you have reported this to PayPal then we will look after it internally but if you are receiving threats then maybe you should contact the police.

I also want to give you advice on using common sense. You have to think why someone would request you to sell expensive items from your PayPal account while they only receive half the funds for the sold items. Had you sold a number of these non-existent cameras your account would have been negative once claims started opening. This could, potentially, affect your credit rating had you a negative balance for a certain period.

I hope everything works out.

Login to Me Too

aknglock
Contributor
Contributor

Ok how this worked out was. I fronted my money to the buyer to refund him his camera. I then had 2 wait a painful 2 weeks in which i ended up getting my money back. But Paypal advisor told me all the guy had to do was send a cardboard box and that was it he would have won my money and posted tracking ID. That was a really scary fact.

And at Ryanx you have Fallen victim to the same people as me yes. Id love to know what happened.

But i hate to tell you again paypal but this scam is still contiuning and the same people are still out there doing this.

This time they are getting you to send the money as a donation to them.

There new website is

bestreselling .com

The sad fact is that paypal has litterally done nothing to stop this. I personally wouldnt recommend using paypal at all as a online payment service because they are useless and just help the scammers and ruin the poor victims life. Also even if paypal freeze there funds they are the only people profiting from the as well as the scammers.

Aknglock

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.