Ebay Fraud in Nigeria

jusakae
Contributor
Contributor

Dear users that were victims (or almost victims) of the Ebay Nigeria Scam:

I was a victim this week and I filed a complaint in the Federal Trade Comission (https://www.ftc.gov/) suggested by Ebay staff after hearing my (not uncommon) story. I was a first time user and that's the kind of user this criminal group seeks.

Let's ALL fill a complaint on the FTC website. If we all send information about this group, they might be able to stop them. Probably not get our products back, but they have to stop this to happen again.

This group's email, phone number and information of course must be fake, but if we all put an effort to do that, they might find a pattern in something. I know at least that the address is always from Lagos, Nigeria.

1) Go to the website and click on Consumer Complaint

2) Choose the option: Internet Services, Online Shopping and Computer

3) Choose "Online Shopping" or click on this link to go directly to this option

https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/GettingStarted?NextQID=203&Url=%23%26panel1-6#crnt

4) I skipped number 3 (Company Details) and added my story with all the information (sender's email and fake name, Nigeria address, buyer's phone number). I wrote avery detail and added this forum o they see it's happening ALL the time!

Let's do it, guys!

They are criminals and have to be stopped!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

How do you think an American consumer company can affect scammers working out of Africa??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

miss_k
Contributor
Contributor

i have just posted something about this, 

PayPal and eBay must be working on it. 

I was contacted by a man in Nigeria, 

had a fake email but i knew it was fake because i have trusted PayPal for many years, 

it didn't seem right, i didn't send my phone - i wasn't going to. 

but i want sellers to be aware, and i am so sorry to hear you were a victim of a scam, i hope these sickos get caught, conning honest sellers like us. 

hopefully it'll stop 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.