EBAY

gunes
Contributor
Contributor

Hello i sold a samsung note 5 on my ebay account the buyer says that he sent 310 pounds to my account but i cant see the money on my account her said that once i send the money i will recieve the money can you please help me

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gunes

Sounds like this SCAM  >>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gunes

First do this  >>

Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

Second be careful as there is a SCAM using paypal for high cost items, did he pay using Ebay checkout or direct via Paypal and if the latter did you get an email from paypal and if so what did it actually say as it may have been a spoof?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Darren6
Contributor
Contributor

Well if the buyer bought the item through eBay, the funds should be sent to the Paypal email address account related to that eBay item listing, in the 'revise' listing section on eBay. If you have put the wrong PayPal email address then the funds will not be received.

If the buyer did not buy through ebay, then the payment may have been sent to the wrong email address or not sent at all.

P.S. if you have not confirmed your primary PayPal email address then all payments will nor be shown in the account until email confirmation. 

Login to Me Too

gunes
Contributor
Contributor
He did not but from eBay he said that he will send it through PayPal but nothing shows up on my PayPal what should I do
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gunes

Sounds like this SCAM  >>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.