E bay wont let me pay by paypal

Sidewaysjohn
New Community Member

Hello , Iv been trying to list a item now for a good while .
And ever time i go to pay the seller fees and put in my pay pal address and
password if keeps coming up '' Unable to use this PayPal account to set up
monthly payments for your selling fees. Please try another PayPal account'' ...
I have money in my pay pal account and money in e bay and all my imformation is
correct and all bank accounts linked with e bay and pay pal... Im at my wits
end... Any help would be great . Thank you...

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What type of PayPal Account do you have and is it verified?   (You should have either a verified Premier or verified Business Account, Personal Accounts won't work.)

Login to Me Too

Teed
New Community Member
I have the same problem & I have just verified my premier account? What could it be? Thank u xx
Login to Me Too

Greg2015
New Community Member

I am having this problem also of paypal not allowing the setup of ebay seller fees! Did you guys find a way around this? IE '' "Unable to use this PayPal account to set up monthly payments for your selling fees." I have only tried to list the item 25 or so times and have called both ebay and paypal around four times each getting pretty much the same questions repeatedly. One time it appeared to work but it just took me into my old account and listed it there which incurred a listing fee as my free ones were all used. Getting quite frustrating and after almost a month of trying I am absolutely no closer to being ale to list with my new account???? HELP

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK this may be a silly thought but you have put your new email address in the paypal box in the payment section DURING the listing process have you??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.