Disputes

barnsBishopgat
Contributor
Contributor
Disgusted that a dispute went to the buyer when he would not communicate and provided no evidence of the alleged problems, no pics yet they found favour with him. My feedback as a seller is impeccable. Will never use PayPal again
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK. We can't comment as we don't know the dispute details.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barnsBishopgat
Contributor
Contributor
Fair enough but they have gone on what he has said he has not produced any pictures of what was wrong. I may get the item back damaged. My argument is how can they side with him when I put high resolution pictures on the description and all that he has said is that they were not as described. What is the point of having an exemplary feedback when he can destroy that on his say so. Next time I buy something if I don't like it I will just damage it and say it wasn't as described
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK as an ebay seller myself this is how it normally works. Not saying it is correct just what normally happens.

In the event of an item received but not as described dispute paypal never know who is telling the truth as its often one persons word against anothers.

Yes you may have fab piccies on your auction but there is nothing to prove that that is the item you sent or that it was not damaged in the post.

Soooo paypal "normally" find in favour of the buyer BUT they normally tell them that they have to send the item back trackable at their own expense before you have to refund.

If the item you receive back is not the one that was sent OR was damaged by the buyer etc then you can appeal the decision.

To be honest feedback is pretty irrelevant as I have had bad transactions with a very high feedback seller and great transactions with very low feedback sellers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

barnsBishopgat
Contributor
Contributor

Fair one on most of your points, but there is nothing to prove he received damaged goods. He failed to answer my requests to communicate with me. I also suggested he send pictures of damaged goods but he failed to do that. One of us was trying to sort this out ,the other did not want to know. My main point is that Paypal seeems to favour the buyer With little protection given to the seller. As well as losing the sale i have also had to reimburse the cost of postage to the buyer

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.