Dishonest Useless Italian Buyers, Seller out of pocket, Buyer didn't collect

afjsimmonds
New Community Member

So for the first time since using ebay and paypal ive been let down. after putting through thousands of pounds of business through paypal, they have decided to over rule me on a crook! 

I recently sold an item on eBay, posted insured tracked and signed for via Royal mail to Italy.

Didn't hear from the buyer for a few weeks, so i assumed there was nothing wrong. Now out of the blue i get a case open up against me because the buyer hasn't received the item. After looking into the tracking number, the item was denied by the buyer and then sent to a sorting depo, and there it remained according to the buyer.

All the buyer needs to do is collect the item, but they wont. they have just opened a case against me for a refund. 

PayPal have now just confirmed i have lost the case and have refunded the buyer. 

Am i missing something here? for someone else's incompetence, i'm being penalized and i'm now out of pocket.

Is there anything i can do?

I could just buy a few items on eBay, state that i haven't received them, open up a case and get my money back surely?

Yours Sincerely 

One **bleep** off Customer

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@afjsimmonds

If a buyer does not receive an item then they get a refund.

If the item had your return address on it you should get it back again.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.