Customer won't reply after opening dispute

LizardWizzard
New Community Member
Customer opened a dispute after their parcel didn't arrive before they went on holiday, it was mailed overseas during the Christmas period. I have been trying constantly to get hold of them and find out if they've received it yet as they said they would close it when the parcel arrived but so far they have not responded to any messages whatsoever and for all I know they may not even have arrived back home yet. PayPal said they would email the customer and ask them to reply and say whether or not they had received it but they still have yet to reply to that and the deadline is ending very soon. I'm stuck on what to do, as they will not answer me or PayPal and for all I know the parcel could be sitting there waiting for them. What happens if they continue to not respond? Does the dispute close in their favour or mine if they fail to reply to say whether the parcel has or hasn't arrived yet?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LizardWizzard

If they have opened a dispute for non receipt of item and escalated to a claim then normally paypal give you 10 days to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer, if not then you have to refund the buyer. Sometimes if its an overseas transaction paypal give you a bit longer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.