Cross Border & Currency Conversion Fees

Winchat
Contributor
Contributor

I have been hit a number of times by unexpected PayPal fees charged to me as a seller due to "cross border" and/or "currency conversion" charges.  Also the transaction does not give any indication that these additional charges have been applied.

Being a UK based seller, if the buyer is UK based but uses a non-UK based PayPal account I get hit for the "cross border" and sometimes "currency conversion" charges.  I cannot make any allowance for this scenario without overpricing to UK customers and risk the loss of the sale.

I don't see why I, as the seller, should be liable for these international fees.  If I price my item at £10.00 I expect the seller to pay me in GB Pounds, not in Australian dollars!

"Cross border" fees and "currency conversion" charges should the buyer's liability.  If you walked into a UK shop with only Australian dollars in your pocket, the shop keeper would not sell to you or they would tell you where the nearest ATM was.

So why are we, the sellers, penalised for this?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.