Continued mishandling of processes and information on cases

PcRealms
Contributor
Contributor
Hello I am at a real cross roads and feeling heavily demotivated and let down from recent few experiences both in Ebay and PayPal. As an example, I recently sold a desktop PC to a France buyer in ebay. They opened a case stating they get no picture and a list of items they wanted, of which none are on the listing. I tried to help with the no picture problem, but they refused to provide any details. In the end ebay said the best thing is to pay for its return and get it back to re-sale. I did this, and followed ebay advise by issuing a DHL collection label, and even provided a number cor them to call should they need to re-arrange the collection. 3 or 4 days laters I see ebay refunded the buyer, and the item has not even been collected. I contacted DHL and got email proof from them that they had tried collecting it but no answer, and had left slip plus also has left voicemail twice on the buyers number. So also tried calling them and no reply What ensure was weeks of calls and messages, getting ebay to undo the mistake and get my money back. Then two days after that I see the buyer opens a non receipt dispute on PayPal for the upgrades they had asked for, which are invoices through PayPal (memory and hard drive). The invoice contains links to the ebay item and clearly states its an upgrade for it, and itemised too. Now I had already spoken to PayPal previously about the ebay problem and now I further reminded them about whats happened. They tell me not to worry, and let them handle it. Should they need anything they will contact me. Week later its closed in buyers favour. Reason being that they can't prove the delivery address. However the invoice has the DHL TRACKED and signed for details. Even the signed for info is available online via DHL. And it shows he signed for it. I still go ahead and further provide the actual original PDF label, and this also gets rejected. I now had to call and nearly loose my temper and ask what is going on, to be told its going to be opened again as it appears the actual reason the rep can see is, that someone closed the caw in buyers favour as they marked it as non tangible goods !?! Its bad enough ebay makes continued mistakes on cases and returns in particular, but now I'm finding PayPal aren't handling things right either. How do sellers have confidence in them being protected against fraud let alone being treated fairly, if this is what happens ?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hi there PcRealms.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry to hear what has happened here. If a case was opened on eBay for the item, this does not guarantee that a claim will not be able to be opened on PayPal.

If there was a refund issued already by eBay for the payment, this should mean that it won't be possible to open a case on the payment on PayPal. If there has been a case opened on the payment on PayPal, I would advise you to reach out to our customer service team directly and we can assist you further.

You can contact us directly via Twitter @AskPayPal or via Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and we can look into this further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.