Conned by a buyer and paypal took their side!!!

Munck1nsmum
Contributor
Contributor

Please can anyone help? Apologies for going on but please read, i need help.

I sold a fone on ebay back in March this year, now 3 months later the buyer is suddenly finding fault with the fone and say they have taken it to a 'samsung shop' and they have said the fone will cost £40 to get it fixed. They are claiming that the memory card port is broken and so the fone is unuseable. 

Bareing in mind, when i sold the fone, i listed it completely accurate, i added all things included with the fone, charger, covers etc, i also listed there was no warranty due to the age of it but there was no faults at all with the fone itself bar some light scratching to the sufaces mainly on the back through daily use! It was my personal fone that i used up until listing it as i upgraded my handset. AND i always had a memory card (Micro SD) inserted.

Now, as three months have past, obviously the buyer knows they cant do anything via ebay so they have opened a case via paypal instead for a not as described/damaged item! Not only this but messages they were sending me via ebay stated that they had 'SOLD THE FONE ON'!

Of course i uploaded these messages from them and my replies as additional evidence to show this buyer is a complete fraud and they have obviously damaged the fone themselves, tried to sell it on and their buyer has obviously found the fault wanting their money back and now my buyer wants the money back from me so they aren't out of pocket!!!

Had an email this morning from paypal telling me that they have sided with the buyer and i should refund them in full as they have told the buyer to send me back the fone in the condition that the buyer received it!

So now im expecting to get back a broken fone (indeed if it will even be the same fone as like i said, they've sold the fone on) that i am unable to sell on again and ill be the best part of £50 out of pocket to boot! Is there any way i can appeal paypals decision as this is completely rediculous going in the buyers favour??? Even with the messages as proof that i uploaded!

Why take 3 months to make a claim??? Im so upset by all this, ive got 760 100% feedback on ebay, all full 5* ratings and never had a problem like this before! Why is paypal being so unfair?!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When you get the phone back again if it is not in the state you sent it OR not the same phone then let paypal know as soon as possible including the message the buyer sent stating they had sold it on and you may be able to appeal the decision. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Munck1nsmum
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thnx for your quick response!

Dont worry ill be straight onto Paypal if things are amiss. As for the message the buyer sent stating they had sold the fone on, i included this message as part of my additional evidence to support my case in the dispute! Surely this would have at least been looked at by paypal??? Also, this should have been the deciding factor for the case to have gone in MY favour, not the buyers!!! Totally confussed and upset by all this!!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

As for the message the buyer sent stating they had sold the fone on, i included this message as part of my additional evidence to support my case in the dispute! Surely this would have at least been looked at by paypal???

You'd think wouldn't you? I think some customer services agents aren't the brightest lights in the harbour and common sense does not appear to prevail.

I don't blame you for being upset, but i tend to look at it that the money i have made selling on ebay far outweighs the odd pain in the butt transaction / buyer.

Fingers crossed you win any appeal. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.