Chargeback

Diesel99
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a nightdress via eBay and was paid £11.79, it was posted and the lady was happy left me positive feedback, but then she sends me a message saying she paid £35.24 and could she have it back, i checked PayPal and only received £11.79 from her and sent her the screenshots of the transaction, so she contacted her bank and put a charge back on my account, I've sent PayPal 2 messages as they can clearly see that i never received that amount and only the £11.79, they ended up putting the £11.79 on hold (which has now gone)and now their is a dispute for the rest £23.45, i am at my wits end, i have went over and over my PayPal summary and there is only the original transaction for the nightdress of £11.79 and no other payments from this lady, i have also read that PayPal can charge me £14 in fees for a charge back and so altogether selling a nightdress could potentially lose me over £49 plus the goods which is simply unfair, and PayPal have took all the money even though the transactions are not in my summary, the lady who bought the nightdress said her bank made a mistake but that's no good to me, i don't know where the bank sent her money but it certainly wasn't to me, I've sent PayPal all tracking info and screenshots of the transaction which they can access anyway and see on my summary, sorry for the long story....Not a happy bunny with PayPal, foaming is an understatement
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Alphaone
Contributor
Contributor
Like you I've found out the hard way that Pay Pal will cave in to buyers credit card companies however, ridiculous their claims. I can't see you getting a satisfactory conclusion to your case, but best of luck anyway.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.