Charge back when I have done everything Correctly

Three-empires
Contributor
Contributor

I sold an item on ebay. I then:-

Packed and sent it to the Paypal address by Royal Mail Tracked and Signed to Singapore.

Immediately noted the tracking number on ebay

1 month later I received the packet back out of the blue. I contacted the buyer who claimed he had never been advised and that I had not put the tarcking number on ebay. He then went on to claim that I had never sent th item. I have asked that he send me £15 to send item again (cost of postage)

I explained to Paypal that

I had put the tracking number on immediately. I have checked and it works perfectly

I checked Singapore posts website and that also shows that an attempt was made to deliver and a message left.

The address was a C/O address which I did not think they allowed.

I have done everything correctly. The buyer has not bothered to pick the item up.

Guess who Paypal found in favour of. Yes, you've got it, the buyer

I have lost a sale and the cost of the postage down to

PAYPAL'S TOTAL INCOMPETENCE

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Three-empires

In the event of an item not received dispute the 'only' evidence paypal accept is a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

The item was not delivered to the buyer so they got a refund, thats how it works. Its a pain but its just one of the risks of online selling.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Three-empires,

I am sorry this has happened to you and I can understand your frustration.

Without proof-of-delivery that can be tracked online, any claim of non-receipt is unlikely to be found in your favour. We advise looking into the delivery options that are available to you and consider making the cost of delivery with online tracking, mandatory for your customers.

Donna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.