Charge back - Unauthorised card use

Chameleonite
Contributor
Contributor

An ebay buyer left me positive feedback then requested a charge back stating unauthorised use of their card. It is still pending but I can't leave a response to say they left feedback.  It just says they are dealing with it and need no further info from me. But my email is playing up and I've only just seen the email, and it says if I don't respond it will be closed on 25th. I've contacted the buyer to ask what's going on, is there anything else I can do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chameleonite

Feedback has no bearing on a dispute decision as it can be left by mistake or to the wrong seller.

If its a chargeback then its up to the credit card company and if they find in favour of their client then you will have to pay them back.

BUT you would be reimbursed by paypal if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so i would go and read up on them to make sure that you qualified.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Chameleonite

Feedback has no bearing on a dispute decision as it can be left by mistake or to the wrong seller.

If its a chargeback then its up to the credit card company and if they find in favour of their client then you will have to pay them back.

BUT you would be reimbursed by paypal if you met ALL the requirements of seller protection, so i would go and read up on them to make sure that you qualified.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Chameleonite
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your response. Reading up on seller protection requirements it says I need proof of posting, which I have, if the buyer is claiming unauthorised payment, and also proof of delivery if claiming non delivery.  As this was a claim of unauthorised payment, is the post ofgice receipt all I need, and how do I send a copy to PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Chameleonite
Contributor
Contributor

Just to update. I rang Paypal and was given an email address to send proof of postage. I satisfied the requirements for Seller Protection, no tracking needed as it was an unauthorised transaction rather than non delivery.  Very happy to say I won!

But it's put me off selling on ebay again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.