Change of email address causing problems!

djmhughesuk
Contributor
Contributor

I had to change my email address and I updated ebay and paypal with the new one. However, after doing so, when I sold two items on ebay, the payment did not go to the new email address.  So after a 50 minute web chat with ebay, who told me to re-enter my old email address to receive the payment - which I now have - except it is now "on hold". 

Why it is on hold I don't understand as the email I have been sent form Paypal expaininig as to why still baffles me.  

You received a payment from Mr X. This payment is now in your pending balance and temporarily unavailable. Providing no issues arise between you and the buyer the funds will be released .

• On hold: We’re holding the money temporarily because either you filed a dispute or we’re reviewing the transaction. Look for an email from us with more information about this transaction.

All I did was change an email address not cause world war 3. 

Where did I go wrong? Please help me. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Intars

Hi djmhughesuk,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

If you have received a payment in your PayPal account, the funds might be placed on a temporary hold up to 21 days. You can read all the information about this and how to get an early access to the funds here https://www.paypal.com/uk/selfhelp/article/how-can-i-prevent-ebay-payments-going-to-my-pending-balan... .

Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.