Cancelled Payment Issue

crsnwby
Contributor
Contributor

Someone bought item and paid via eCheque which was due to clear today. About 2 hours before it cleared it was cancelled.

Luckily I didnt send the item but I was badgered for when it was being sent for a week.

I cant raise a case or even send a message to PayPal because the website is crap.

What am I supposed to do or do PayPal not care at all about fraudulent people?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crsnwby

You are advised to await cheque clearance before you send your item so its good that you did.

Not sure what the problem is though as you still have your item?

No one can force a buyer to pay you.

If it was ebay then just file an unpaid item dispute and relist.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

crsnwby
Contributor
Contributor
Only the slight issue of PayPal having no process to report people who are clearly trying to scam people. But I guess all that protection **bleep** they spout really doesn't mean anything.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@crsnwby

Why are they trying to scam you?

Some buyers don't realise that the payment takes a while to transfer if they don't have a back up card linked to their paypal account as well.

So they may think they have paid but by the time the payment is taken they don't have enough to clear through to you so it fails.

Don't think i would call one of my buyers a scammer because they had a failed echeque though.

When it happened to me i contacted them, they paid again and it cleared as it was just a mistake.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.