Cancelled Echeque

mick65wolf
New Community Member

I'm a seller who received a echeque from a buyer last week, I have just been contacted by the buyer to ask if the echeque had cleared and on checking found that it has been cancelled. From the look of it neither the buyer or myself know why, is there any way to find out why it has been cancelled?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mick65wolf

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

However if the buyer does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account to ''reduce risk'' to paypal of the transfer failing then often paypal send the payment as an echeque and the buyer has to wait for it to clear.

If their are insufficient funds in the buyers bank account when paypal go to take the money (normally a few days after payment made) then the transfer will fail.

Suggest you tell your buyer to add a card and pay with that instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mick65wolf

When you pay a seller it is never instant > paypal credit the seller for you and then start the process of uploading your funds to paypal from your funding source.

However if the buyer does not have a back up card linked to their paypal account to ''reduce risk'' to paypal of the transfer failing then often paypal send the payment as an echeque and the buyer has to wait for it to clear.

If their are insufficient funds in the buyers bank account when paypal go to take the money (normally a few days after payment made) then the transfer will fail.

Suggest you tell your buyer to add a card and pay with that instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mick65wolf
New Community Member
Thanks thats all the info I need.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.