Can't receive payments!

xSJLx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm having trouble receiing payments into my paypal account.

I have bought items through paypal in the past weeks.

I have sold items on ebay and sent the invoices out to the buyers. However for some reason the invoices are including a very old email address of mine (my original that I signed up to paypal with). So therefore the payments are not getting through to my account and keep saying pending on ebay.

I have checked on ebay and paypal and the correct email address is listed as being linked.

I thought maybe this was just a problem paying through ebay invoices so I asked one of the buyers to send a direct payment through paypal to my email address. They tried but it said that the email address wasn't recognised.

I'm very confused as to what the problem is as the correct email is listed on both ebay and paypal and the email address which is being sent in invoices is such an old one, i've used about 3 others since that one and never had any problems!

Any help would be appreciated. I'm risking losing the buyers as they want to pay and receive the items but they can't even pay!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Luckytrouble22
New Community Member

I am having this issue with three of my sold items on Ebay - it says that all are payment pending or have been 'unclaimed' and its really bugging me as im not having to pay listing fees and final fees as ebay thinks ive sold them - when i haven't and im not having buyers cancel on my and im having to relist again - paying more FEES ontop!!! 

email address for both ebay and paypal are correct and balance still says £0.00

if anyone knows whats going on - advice greatly needed!!! 

Login to Me Too

Aka3
New Community Member
Hi A client wants to send me payment but has received the message that I have not set up my account to receive payments. How do I fix this problem?
Login to Me Too

xSJLx
Contributor
Contributor

I've even tried sending out invoices directly from paypal, requesting the money. And all that has then happened is that it become pending on ebay again and nothing appears on paypal. I don't know why the invoices send from paypal have altered the payment on ebay, as I dond't mention ebay in the invoices, I just requested the total from the buyer direct to their email address.

Login to Me Too

helen486
Contributor
Contributor

I have just sold something on ebay and it says the payment is being process through paypal at the moment, the person buying it has messaged me saying i have to accept the payment but when i go onto paypal there is no mention of the payment anywhere, i've never had this problem before and don't really know what to do, any help would be appreciated, thanks 🙂 x

Login to Me Too

xSJLx
Contributor
Contributor

having this problem. It started that the wrong email address was on the invoices that ebay sent so the buyer send payment but not to the correct address but one of my old ones. Therefore the payment was pending on ebay but not showing in my paypal.

I cannot currently solve the problem, it's very frustrating as I have buyers wanting to pay.

Login to Me Too

janney
New Community Member

The buyer says the money has left her paypal account but it has not reached mine? what do i do to claim the money

Login to Me Too

xSJLx
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this problem too.

Login to Me Too

D_SMITH_3385
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, have you checked your paypal details on your advert?  It only takes one error to cause a problem like this.

Login to Me Too

kirstyben
Contributor
Contributor

hi i recently sold to item on ebay and on ebay the item i sold say payment initiated and been processed through and when i click view paypal transation  its say invaid link login i have linked accounts but in my paypal there is no record of the transations and when i try and print postage label paypal says can not

The buyer's name and postal address could not be pre-filled because your eBay username has not been added to your PayPal profile.
To add your eBay username to your PayPal profile, go to your PayPal Account Profile and click on the Auctions link in the Selling Preferences column.

but ive link accounts

im confused this is for both transactions

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.