Can't receive payments!

xSJLx
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm having trouble receiing payments into my paypal account.

I have bought items through paypal in the past weeks.

I have sold items on ebay and sent the invoices out to the buyers. However for some reason the invoices are including a very old email address of mine (my original that I signed up to paypal with). So therefore the payments are not getting through to my account and keep saying pending on ebay.

I have checked on ebay and paypal and the correct email address is listed as being linked.

I thought maybe this was just a problem paying through ebay invoices so I asked one of the buyers to send a direct payment through paypal to my email address. They tried but it said that the email address wasn't recognised.

I'm very confused as to what the problem is as the correct email is listed on both ebay and paypal and the email address which is being sent in invoices is such an old one, i've used about 3 others since that one and never had any problems!

Any help would be appreciated. I'm risking losing the buyers as they want to pay and receive the items but they can't even pay!

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey guys,

The email addresses you have used on these particular listings are incorrect and this is why this is happening. We usually see this when you use an old template and don’t edit the email address. If you have access to this email address you can add it and confirm it to PayPal to receive the payment. If not then ask your buyer to cancel the payment and give them your actual email address so they can pay using the ‘Send Money’ tab on PayPal.

Here's how to determine which email address you used in your eBay listing:

1. Find the item you sold.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the listing and click "Sell one like this."

3. Go to the section titled Decide How You'd Like to be Paid. This will display the email address used in the listing.

Login to Me Too

Mirzasas
New Community Member

I had a similar problem.... could not recive the payment form the buyer.

The problem was in credit card expiry date. I got a new one and forgot to change it on paypal, so my paypal wasnt verified. 

Login to Me Too

Zombiechops
Contributor
Contributor
I know this is a very old thread But I'm currently in this exact same situation, and am very close to closing my account PayPal customer service keep telling me my account is fine, yet I still can't receive payment, has anyone had this issue and actually managed to resolve it?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi Zombiechops,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges you are experiencing.

Once your PayPal email address is verified you should be able to receive transactions. Are there any limitations on your PayPal account?

If you need any further assistance, please consider calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page or contacting us via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.