Buyers Email address suddenly missing from payment notification and paypal transaction

simonsell
Contributor
Contributor

When selling on Ebay, and upon receiving the Paypal notification email of a payment received, I have previously for many months also seen the email address of the buyer on this notification.

Now for the last week the buyers email address does not appear, only their Ebay ID and their home address.

It is vital I have the email address of the buyer as the product sold is to be emailed to the buyer.

If I try to check the Paypal transaction by logging on this also does not show the email address, however checking back on older transactions it is shown.

This has started to occur since around the 12th April 2018

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

QEGS
Contributor
Contributor

That's right, the buyer's email address used to shown on the packing slip, but both the buyer's and my email are now blank (actually showing N/A). This is going to cause difficulties because Royal Mail online postage and couriers ask for an email address to communicate with the recipient. I suspect this is a further move to make it impossible to contact buyers direct with the aim of restricting all messaging except that controlled through eBay. They don't appear to realise there are often perfectly legitimate reasons for direct communication. Yet another problem we're going to have to put up with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.