Buyer wants refund for item 3 working days late

Eshwe
Contributor
Contributor

I posted an item to the buyer on 20/1/15. It still hasn't arrived as of today and tracking shows it hasn't moved from where it was posted. The buyer is moving on Wednesday and is now asking for a refund as it hasn't shown up. Do I have a case to ask her to wait before I refund her as I have to wait 15 working days before I can claim. Also what happens if I refund and the tracking shows the buyer recieving the bag??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Normally folks have a postal redirection when they move house so the bag should still turn up surely?

Personally i would want her to wait a bit longer, tell her its only about £25 for 3 months redirection.

I would not refund until she files a dispute and even if she escalates to a claim it gives another 10 days for the item to arrive and as long as tracking shows delivery you should be ok.

If the new owner rejects it or the old owner does not redirect then hopefully as long as you put return details on the parcel it will come back to you.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Eshwe
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I asked if she was going to set one up but she said she doesn't need it which is odd. I will wait and see what happens. I hope I put my details on the back I can't remember now! Oops.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.